The Flint-Gresham Volunteer Fire Department was first organized in June 1964 with 26 members. The first truck, a 1952 Dodge Pumper with 300 gallon capacity was purchased from the City of Tyler for $50.00 on July 6, 1964 and began responding to calls in Flint-Gresham that same day.
The Flint-Gresham Volunteer Fire Department has built a reputation for excellence throughout East Texas, frequently being called to serve throughout the region due to our commitment to excellence. Our members consist of seasoned veterans of the fire service and fresh volunteers, all joined together with an absolute dedication to serving the community.
Today the Flint-Gresham Volunteer Fire Department is a fully modernized fire department, utilizing the latest in firefighting equipment and technology to provide world-class emergency response in the Flint-Gresham community. As a part of Smith County ESD#2, Flint-Gresham VFD is staffed with paid career firefighters and volunteers, providing the highest level of service and most efficient means of protecting our community.